List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       NightFlight <nf () ecwh ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-05-21 14:51:03

On Monday 21 May 2001 09:30, David E. Fox wrote:
> > on startup the Xserver uses about 130M of memory (orso).
> > BUt memory usage keeps growing, until about 700M at which point my system
> > (256M ram, 512M swapspace) needs an X restart.
>
> I've never seen memory usages that high. My X server process is using about
> 50 megs (VSZ) / 20 megs or so resident. I've only got 1/2 the video memory
> you have. Still, that seems far too excessive.

9417 root       1   0  167M 167M  2136 R       0  1.1 44.2 273:07 X

If those are hours X has been running, mine has been up for 11 days and has
grown to 167M. I just tried running everything I could and well, it didn't
bloat any further than this. I'm running latest CVS (compiling kdelibs right
now.. heh) with 0.9.6. NVidia drivers as well.

--
Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels
start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and