List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       dfox () m206-157 ! dsl ! tsoft ! com (David E !  Fox)
Date:       2001-05-19 3:47:29

> and the Xserver process keeps growing in memory size.
>
> I've been experimenting a bit with this, and it looks like the Xserver
> memory problems are much more apparent under KDE2 than under fvwm2/twm

Growing Xserver memory is somewhat to be expected. I would suppose that
in the view of KDE vs. fvwm it has to do with the number of windows and
pixmaps in use. I'm not really sure how this works, but X will grow some
in time. Part of that memory use is your video display so it really isn't
all that crucial if it's 40 or so megs in size ... but that depends on
how you use the system and how much RAM you have.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.