List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: WAV to MP3 Program
From:       "M" <badjer () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2001-05-07 3:44:23

Can I assist here?

I recomend cdparanoia for ripping to .wav, then use some LAME based encoder
such as NOTLAME to do the encoding.  Very nice little command line
program....who needs anything else?

Oh, yeah.  In reading this, I hope that no-one is thinking I am advocating
stealing someone's livelihood by passing around illegal MP3's.  I'm an
ethical
MP3 user/creator.

To find these little beauties, just search www.tucows.com or some such.
NOTLAME can be got here:
http://hive.me.gu.edu.au/not_lame/ .

Well, I really hope this helps you.

I am still in need of help to ARTS working under X on my system.  It works
from the console.  Please don't give me the standard line about suid...that
is set.

Matt