List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: request for help on windowmanagers behaviour
From:       Harmen Schaap <harmen.schaap () 12move ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-02 2:11:15

On Monday 30 April 2001 15:59, Axel Stoltenberg wrote:

> For years, I have been using an old X application (a CAD program).
> After upgrading my system to SUSE Linux 7.1 the following effect occurs:
>
> Everytime the programs window is overlapped by another window, the
> area of overlap remains black after the window is brought back into the
> foreground.
>
> How can I alter the behaviour of the windowmanager so that it takes care
> of refreshing overlapped windows ??

Give a bit more info about your system. But I would suggest to play around
with some settings. First check if you are using the correct driver for your
card. After that try to change the color-depth or resolution. I know that my
i810 makes a mess when it is in 24bit mode for example.

Harmen Schaap	- IT Consultant
Ipoh - Perak - West Malaysia
zillah@maxis.net.my - harmen.schaap@12move.nl
Registered Linux user #65634 (http://counter.li.org)