List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Saving view mode in Konqueror
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <trader2001 () bigpond ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-05-02 1:35:12

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 08:48, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> > every time?  How about the image view mode?
>
> Set the view properties in Konqueror how you want them, then choose Window
> | Configure View Profiles... | pick "filemanagement" and save.
>
> You can also include size in the profile, which I find useful.  Next time
> you open Konqueror it'll have those settings.

You shouldn't really overwrite your basic view profiles.
Go to Window-Configure View Profiles. Type in imageview and select save
Go to Window-Load View Profile-Select imageview
In your Konq make whatever windows/frames/parts you want,
Go to Settings-View Proprties saved in Directories, to save list types etc
which can vary for different directorie ie text for    some, icon images for
others.
Go to Windows-Save view profile-imageview

To open windows in different default views, in your .desktop file just change
the command line ie: (create one by dragging the home or konq icon off the
menu or panel or manually)right-click-properties, In command line:
kfmclient openProfile imageview  will always open an image browser. This is
how kde can open konq as sometimes a browser and some times a file manager.

--
Regards,

Andrew