List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE and 3-fingers
From:       Stephen Davies <scldad () sdc ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-05-02 0:14:00

Thanks for the feedback but I think/hope that there is more to it than
that.

Before switching to KDE I used AfterStep and the three-finger salute
worked fine; my current problem is definitely KDE-related.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies

On Tue, 1 May 2001 11:56:16 +0200, "Anno v. Heimburg" said:
> Am Dienstag 01 Mai 2001 02:13 schrieb Stephen Davies:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I use my Linux box to manage a number of NT servers via VNCViewer.
> >
> > Since switching to KDE, I have been unable to login to an NT server
> > because KDE seems to trap the three-finger salute required to login to
> > NT.
> >
> > Is there any way to stop KDE from doing this?
>
> AFAIK there's not. The point of the 3-finger-salute is that [I think] no
> program can simulate it and, at least on NT, it cannot be trapped by an app
> w/out the OS knowing about it. MS does this for security reasons. I know
> this, I've tried using VNC both from a Linux and from a Win box... no way to
> do the login. Just won't work. There _might_ be an undocumented registry
> setting that makes NT display the login screen directly, but that's not for
> this mailing list (if you find it, however, please tell me). BTW, with W2k,.
> it works.
>
> Greets,
>
> Anno.
>
> --
> This message comes without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
> including, but not limited to, readability, correctness in grammar, spelling
> and content, and fitness for a particuar purpose.
>
> --
> Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net

Stephen Davies Consulting                              scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Computing & Network solutions.                         Fax: 08-8177 0133