List:       kde-user
Subject:    KDE confusion
From:       Ralph Jocham <rjocham72 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 17:45:17

I am running on Suse7.0 Linux and upgraded to
KDE2.1.1.  After having done that, a couple of
programs didn't work any more. So I decided to
reinstall Linux with KDE and KDE2pre and after that
install KDE2.1.1 which I got from the Suse FTP server.
Now my system is confused. The startmenu shows wrong
programs, editing the menu doesn't take any effect.
The clock applet from the KDE console disappeared and
I don't get it back (its greyed out) ...

Any gueseses, what steps would a KDE pro do to revive
the system.

TIA
Ralph