List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Printing over Samba
From:       "Carl D. Blake" <carl () boeckeler ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 17:11:24

There's a Win98_PlainPassword.reg file in /usr/share/doc/samba-xxxx/docs.
You can use that .reg file to change Windows98 to use plain passwords.

What printer tool did you use to set up printing in KDE 2.1?  I'm having a
problem printing directly from KDE apps to networked printers (Novell and
Samba).  lpr works fine, but any printing done from KDE doesn't.