List:       kde-user
Subject:    Case swap problem in Russian (Konqueror)
From:       James Tappin <sjt () star ! sr ! bham ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-04-30 16:47:17

Can any Russian users reproduce this?

I just followed a link to:
http://scripts.online.ru/it/news/00/07/18_959.htm

And although the page showed up in Cyrillic characters (albeit in a very
horrid blocky font) the cases of the letters were reversed. The encoding was
indicated as Auto and appears (by changing it and finding what looked the
same) to be UTF-8. I can't find any way to add encodings to konqueror (in the
manner that can be done in kmail) and the koi series don't appear on the
encoding list (they do in kmail).

I'm running RH6.2 with XF86 3.3.6.

I've not put this in the bug system as I suspect I'm doing something
incredibly dumb, so can anyone who is more at home with displaying cyrillic
text in Konqueror tell me what?

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |