List:       kde-user
Subject:    Printing over Samba
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2001-04-30 16:13:13

I've asked this question on the Samba list, but either no one knows the answer
or they don't want to answer. :-)
I've got Samba up and running on my RedHat 7.1 box. Using the Webmin tool, I
tried to configure a networked printer off my Windows machine. The printer in
question is a Canon BJC-1000 and the Windows box is running Win98SE and the
printer is hooked up to LPT1 and it IS shared. I've printed to it from my dad's
computer before. And, as I said, I can see the windows shares from my linux box
and vice versa.
What I can't seem to do is print to the windows printer via Samba. Even using
the "printer" tool in KDE2.1 I can't even print a "test" page. I've tried all
three printer "driver" options that Webmin has for that printer and none of 'em
even cause a form feed! :-(
I *know* the printer works because I've printed from Windows recently... :-)
ANY suggestions (other than "scrap it and hook up a REAL printer to the linux
box") are welcome <G>
	Thanks...
	John