List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: AW: Hotmail from KMail
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <trader2001 () bigpond ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-04-30 15:08:57

On Monday 30 April 2001 22:38, Tio Hiap Ho wrote:
> huh ? This is not assignment at all... I have an account in hotmail.com and
> most of my friends now my account there... it's kinda hard to inform all of
> my friend that I have a mail server running now and ask them to shift to
> this address since I don't keep my friends mail address... and I don't
> really like to access the hotmail through the web... because I hate
> waiting... so I would like it to be downloaded in the background and then I
> could easily read it from KMail... so any of you have any idea of how to do
> it ?

Dont Panic, Jochims email client was set up incorrectly and when he was
asking you to supply more information it didn't quote your text or use 'Re'
for a reply which made it look as if he was asking EXACTLY the same question
as you which is something that happens quite often at exam time when you see
the same question word for word from 3 or 4 students (they cant even be
bothered rewording the assignment!)
I always refer them to the appropriate text :-)

In any case you Jochim is right, you need to supply much more info when you
want help. You will see the things to look for in my 'Oracle" post to him. If
the curlssl is the problem just do a search for it, their listed home page is
unregistered.
Gotmail will retrieve your hotmail and forward it to another account and now
it can save your folders in the netscape format on your HD. I know the mail
format is the same but I think NS uses different naming for the folders.
Because of this you may be able to change the script slightly and save into
premade kmail folders.
--
Regards,

Andrew