List:       kde-user
Subject:    Sucess & Fail with compile kde 2.2 alpha
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-04-26 9:49:03

I wish to thank those that responded to my cry for help with the above; Pam,
akar (Andrew), David fox etc.
The sucess part came with me dumping all that I had read and going back to
basics that i had used before with some additions.
#1 was to delete all withing the includes dir and recall 'make install' which did \
nothing. I stopped here and realised that it was writing the install somewhere else \
rather than to where Caldera looks /opt/kde2, maybe /usr? So I went back and started \
with ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde2 and redid the kdesupport and kdelibs plus make \
amd make install, bingo that worked. So now I have the major parts installed.

I had problems still with kdebindings which could be a bug !!
This is what i get::
ort.java QXmlParseException.java QXmlReader.java QXmlSimpleReader.java Qt.java Q
tSupport.java WeakValueMap.java qtjava.java
Invocation.java:148: unreported exception java.lang.Throwable; must be caught or
 declared to be thrown
                        throw e.getTargetException();
                        ^
Invocation.java:175: unreported exception java.lang.Throwable; must be caught or
 declared to be thrown
                        throw e.getTargetException();
                        ^
2 errors
make[4]: *** [classjava.stamp] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/kantoine/kde-2.2-alpha/kdebindings-2.2alpha1/q
tjava/javalib/javasrc'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kantoine/kde-2.2-alpha/kdebindings-2.2alpha1/q
tjava/javalib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kantoine/kde-2.2-alpha/kdebindings-2.2alpha1/q
tjava'

I have no ideas here.

Lastly when I go to login I have many ,many users, I think this is a problem with \
/usr/bun/startkde hotpluguid&. However I cannot login due to the session type being \
as follows: kde2;kde;failsafe;
all this in the window and on one line so it has no idea what its supposed to do. I \
also have no idea as well, as it needs editting, but how did that get installed that \
way. Also what do I edit and where.

BTW everything else so far has installed fine, but I have not installed everything \
yet.

--
Keith Antoine aka "skippy"
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia PH:617 33002161