List:       kde-user
Subject:    Printing problem
From:       "Carl D. Blake" <carl () boeckeler ! com>
Date:       2001-04-20 20:01:17

I am having a problem printing in KDE.  The printer is on a Novell Netware
network.  I've successfully configured it using RedHat's printconf
(printtool).  lpr works fine.  Most other applications print with no
problems.  But Konqueror, Kmail, and Kword will not print.  They show the
printer I'm using in the print dialog box, but nothing happens when I click
the print button.  I check the status of the printer queue with lpq, but
nothing shows up there.  The Printer Administration program (Klpd) shows the
printer in its window.  Does somebody know what's happening here?  I'm
running RedHat's Wolverine V7.091 with updates as of Mar 23.  KDE is version
2.1.1.  The Kernel is V2.4.2.