List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: xkbd problem in KDE-2, (was kde-1.1.2)
From:       Bronek Baraniecki <brunocs () at ! pl>
Date:       2001-03-29 18:43:26

I'm sorry, some mishmash with maill.

Hi, Erik,

I appreciate with pleasure your kinde response, and
apologise  for not to answer emediately, I was busy with
some home activities.

Just before receiving your email, I have upgraded my
XFree86-4.0.1 (for RedHat 7.0) to XFree86-4.0.2 and
suddenly polish keymap appeared in moste KDE and Gnome
applications. In Kmail too.

But, --- there is very important "but".

My main, preferred application I am working in, is Lyx,
editor fo Latex. Berore upgrading xfree86, I have no
problem with international keyboard in Lyx, no diference in
KDE, Gnome or other window manager.

Normally I use "RightAlt" key as "ModeShift" to write
polish diacritics, and then it was OK. But now is not. Now
in Lyx "RightAlt" is dead, on KDE and other WM. And I do
not know why? I am trying deferent configuration in
XFree86Config with "XkbModel", "XkbLayout", etc. without
success.

This is really a magic world of freedom, --- I mean using
free sources OS.

In addition will say, that may Locale in general is set OK,
now problem on console. In /etc/ X11/XF86Config options for
keyboard appear to be also OK. So I do not know where is
now a reason for a dead RightAlt key.

If you may guess it out, you'll be graet!

Best greetings,

Bruno

--
Bronek Baraniecki