List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Can't print after kde2.1 upgrade
From:       Pam R <pam.roberts () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2001-03-12 18:37:57

On Monday 12 March 2001 18:01, Jim Conner wrote:
> On my system it is the following:
>
> KDEDIR=/opt/kde2
> KDEDIRS=/opt/kde2
> QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt2
> KDEHOME=/home/<username>/.kde2
> PATH=/opt/kde2/bin: //Make sure that this is before /opt/kde/bin in your
> path
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/<username>/.kde2/lib:/opt/kde2/lib
> LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/<usename>/.kde2/lib:/opt/kde2/lib
>
> These are all that I found when I did a 'env' to list the environment
> settings/variables.  If you installed KDE2.x and QT2.x in different
> directories, then you will need to change the paths to them.YMMV.
>
> Jim

Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH look a bit unique Jim, all you
should need is
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde2/lib
LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde2/lib
In fact you don't really need these two at all.
Also, KDEDIR should be /opt/kde

They should be set up by the Caldera modified kde2 startup script
/usr/bin/startkde, which contains the following lines:
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt2
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
export KDEDIRS=/opt/kde2
test -n $KDEHOME && export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde2
export PATH=/opt/kde2/bin:$PATH

BTW, we're talkingCaldera eD2.4 here folks..

Pam

--
UK Step by Step mirror: http://www.pam.roberts.btinternet.co.uk/sxs/