List:       kde-user
Subject:    Sound problem with 2.1
From:       "Crystal, Mayer" <mayer.crystal () globalcrossing ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 21:50:19

I recently upgraded from 2.1beta1 to 2.1 final and everything seems to have
gone well except for the sound configuration.  After installing 2.1 final
from the Redhat 6.x binary rpms I am unable to get the sound subsystem to
work.  The machine still has sound and has apparently loaded the sound
driver modules (as it can generate sound from various other programs
including the CD player, netscape, etc...), but trying to enable the sound
server and assigning sounds to various system events doesn't seem to do
anything.  I am an admitted newbie to KDE, so any pointers (i.e. any conf
files, library paths, or anything that may be able to help) would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mayer Crystal