List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Printing in KDE
From:       matthschulz <matthschulz () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-02-22 23:32:15

Basicly You need a application which makes a .ps file in to a file Your
printer understands. I use gs for that.
The printing works as follows (so far I understood):
The application makes a .ps file.
The .ps file is converted into the printer-specific format.
This file is sent to the printer.

In my system lpr handles the conversion (is named filter there) and the
temporary storage of the files in the queue.

Matth