List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Kppp...
From:       Harri Porten <harri () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 21:13:33

"Anno v.Heimburg" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Do you use ISDN (ipppd) or a normal modem connection (pppd)? Kppp doesn't
> support ISDN yet, (at least on my box, SuSE 7.0 & KDE 2.0.1), don't know
> about KDE 2.1. Consequently, you're stuck with KInternet if you have ISDN.

kppp works fine with ISDN if you use the virtual ttyI* devices. There is
a man page for them.

> Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2001 09:30 schrieb Chr. Rolli:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > when I start my Kppp, I receive the following message at
> > program start
> >
> > "Der System-Kernel hat keine PPP-Unterstützung, weder
> > einkompiliert noch via Kernelmodul.
> > Um das Problem zu lösen, installieren Sie einen Kernel mit
> > PPP-Unterstützung."
> > - In english: "The system kernel has no PPP-support, not
> > compiled neither via kernel-module. To solve the problem,
> > install a kernel with PPP-support."
> >
> > I installed with YAST and Kinternet works fine. Now what?

Have you check if SuSE has some useful info for you on

http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/keylist.KPPP.html or
http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/de/html/keylist.KPPP.html (German)

As far as I understand SuSE 7.0 will be a lot of fun for kppp users.

Harri.