List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: CVS 01-29-01 problems
From:       "Tricia C.Sesar" <trixee () rcn ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 19:21:56

>On Tuesday 30 January 2001 18:35, Terry wrote:
> Don't feel stupid at all. Mandrake post-7.1 is a bunch of garbage. Terrible
> menu system and of course a compiler that gives all kinds of apps fits. Not
> worth the headache.

We all may be more comfortable with the usability, look, feel, etc. of one
distro vs. the next, but your statement is just simply ignorant.

The stock 7.2 compiler is 2.95.3, and works just fine. I have compiled many
packages with it, including KDE2.1beta2, and have had no compiler-related
errors.

I've been running 7.2 since it came out, and have had no problems. What's
"terrible" about the menu system? It is clear, concise, and well-organized
IMHO. And certainly easy enough to customize.

Bob, I'm confused as to why it is you feel that your distribution that is not
detecting a secondary drive. Please explain.