List:       kde-user
Subject:    keyboard problems on konsole
From:       Jo Henrik Endrerud <jhe () ez ! no>
Date:       2001-01-30 10:45:14

I have two x terminals connected to a KDE server. I have it set up with
norwegian keyboard and everything looks fine, except for konsole and emacs in
X. It is impossible to type characters like @£${[]} on the command line. (on
a norwegian keyboard all these characters uses the Alt-GR key + number)

If i type { it pastes in
{b{in,oot},dev,etc,home,l{ib,ost+found},mnt,opt,proc,root,sbin,tmp,usr,var}
or something automaticly. It is some sort of listing of the current directory.

In all other KDE apps the keys works correct. And if I start xterm, it is
also correct. If I start emacs from xterm with -nw parameter (start emacs in
text mode) the characters are displayed properly, but if I start it in X
mode, it's not.

Even if I export display from another computer and start konsole external I
have no characters.

If I type CTRL+R (lookup in bash history) in konsole I can type {[]} as much
as I want.

Have anyone got any suggestions on this? Any suggestion is a good suggestion
right now. This problem drives me crazy, and it is *very* hard to program in
emacs without { and }

- Jo Henrik Endrerud