List:       kde
Subject:    KDE 2.1 CVS for 20010118
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-01-19 2:53:43

Hello,

I have just put the kde rpm's for 2001-01-18 into the
Mandrake-devel/unsupported/i586/kde2.1 directory on any of the Mandrake
cooker mirrors. You will find a list of these mirrors on
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/cooker .

These RPM's are built on a clean 7.2 machine and are designed for 7.2 and
they are known to work on 7.1 as well.

This rpm fixes the kdm problem with processes showing as users  (code change)
and it also fixes some menu problems. And includes about 600 bug fixes by the
KDE team (a guess on the number based on kde CVS commits).

Anyways, please report bugs to http://bugs.kde.org. I do watch the bug-list
and try to identify the bugs that are packaging errors and besides all the
developers let me know fast if it's my bug:-))  I can not watch all the
mailing lists and reporting KDE bugs to me does no good. When reporting a bug
make sure you include the RPM's you installed and if you installed from the
unsupported directory. Also, let us know the version number on Help-->about
KDE. It helps track it down.

Have fun! Remember this product is in a release cycle and nearing the end.
The  more issues you find and identify the cleaner the release. Next RPM's
should be built sometime on Monday or Tuesday.

-Chris

Hint for users:

Download all of the files in the kde2.1 directory

Make sure that you have the same version of qt2, qt2-devel, qt2-doc, egcs*
and xinitrc that is in the Mandrake-devel/unsupported/i586 directory. Make
sure you download the entire contents of the kde2.1 directory, including
files that do not look like kde files, they are.

As root: urpmi -i *.rpm