List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kppp & kde2
From:       Karin Eitel <Karin.Eitel () gmx ! at>
Date:       2000-12-31 19:12:53

I used kppp (kde 1.1.2, RH 6.0) as user without any problems until I updated my
gnome desktop (helix). Now I have to open a terminal, write "su" and the root
password. Then I open kppp and it asks for the user-password. This seems weird
to me.

Another thing which is strange is that bash tells me (as user) my password will
expire in -1 (-2, -3, -4) days. Today (it would have been the -5th day) I had
to put in a new password for user as root.
This doesn't happen with other users.

The console messages say the following:

Auth name: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 ID: -1
xlib: connection to "0:0" refused by server
xlib: invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
kppp: cannot open to X-server :0

Does anyone have an idea what's happening?

Karin