List:       kde-user
Subject:    KDE 2.1 CVS Update RPM's for 7.2 (and 7.1 and 7.0, with some work)
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-30 14:36:00

Hello,

I have made a set of update RPM's for 7.2 available for KDE 2.1 CVS code. The
RPM's are made from CVS code of 12-29-2000. These RPM's are NOT supported by
MandrakeSoft. Please report bugs in the code to bugs@kde.org using the bug
reporting utilities found on Help-->Report Bugs in any KDE application.
Please report any packaging problems to: molnarc@mandrakesoft.com. Messages
posted in the mailling lists regarding these RPM's will be ignored.

You can find these rpm's at:

FTP:
ftp://nebsllc.com/pub/KDE_UPDATE/	(primary)
ftp://us.mandrakesoft.com/pub/kde/KDE_UPDATE/ 		(mirror)

HTTP:
http://www.nebsllc.com/KDE_UPDATE/	(primary)

The source RPM's are available as well but are 100% unsupported. I will
ignore any messages regarding these, they built here but as the code is beta
at this time some of them needed some help compiling. (hint: look up the
--short-circuit flag).

User's of MandrakeUpdate can point to any of the above directories but please
remember that MandrakeUpdate can not install dependencies. The directory also
includes an update to cups, qtcups, and kups which adds some dependencies.
While these are NOT required for the KDE update you may want to consider
doing these updates manually. Again, these are unsupported and just provided
because I needed to do them anyways.

For install instructions see: http://www.kde.org/install-binaries.html

Mandrake 7.0 and 7.1 Users: These RPM's should work for you as well but you
will need to find several dependencies to get them to install. You can find
the directions for these at:  http://kde2.newmail.ru/mandrake_rpms.html
- I have not tested this, but am told it works.

-Chris