List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: 2.0.1 hanging during IPC setup
From:       Doug Welzel <dwelzel () amazon ! com>
Date:       2000-12-30 6:43:15

Well, I got this one figured out (for 2.0.1 anyway.. I'll try 2.1
soon).  It was as simple as upgrading the version of GCC that came with
RedHat 7.0.  I grabbed the latest update RPMs for GCC, glibc, and
libstdc++.  It's still a development snapshot but I figured it was worth a
shot.  From crusing the list archives it looked like the problem was with
QT and that version of GCC not getting along.  So I rebuilt QT (2.2.3) and
then KDE and everything worked great.

---
Doug Welzel
dwelzel@amazon.com