List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: For the love of God, someone please help me kill dcopserver!
From:       "Terry" <lawnman59 () netzero ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:17:43

Some info would be helpful.  You compile from source or use RPM's ?  You
most likely need to empty your /tmp directory and nuke any references to kde
in /etc/skel.
Go ahead and delete .dcopserver after doing the above.  Logout and then log
back in.  If you still get a grey desktop, then fireup a terminal and try
starting  kdesktop manually.  If it segfaults let us know what the error
messages were.