List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: LM7.2 Macmillain Beta -- details
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2000-11-30 10:15:51

30 ?????? 2000 00:32, Benjamin Sher ???????:
|   Here are the details of the 4-CD Macmillain Linux-Mandrake Complete
|   version that contains KDE Beta 1.99 instead of the promised KDE 2.0
|   Final:
|
|   LINUX-MANDRKE 7.2
|   ISBN: 1-57595-452-4
|   @2001 Macmillain USA

Thanks, it's nice to have ISBN number for it :-)
At least, it's easy way to understand that we atalk about the same product.

|   The User's Manual gives the date of publication as November, 2000.

yes, they need som time to prepare publication. It can't be done in one day.
When you download from ftp, you don't have such limits. But, manual is
missing in that case...

|   I spent $40 (including second day shipping) on this lemon. I wonder if
|   the Delux version ($70 plus shipping) also has the defective KDE 1.99
|   version.

I guess not. Deluxe was prepared later. But, if you need latest code - you
should stay tuned on Mandrake Cooker...
Or try Download Edition.
By the way, there are KDE pre-2.1 RPMs prepared by Chris Molnar on Cooker.
(you will need to install Cooker to try them, or compile for LM 7.2 yourself)
Cooker is *experimental* version of Linux Mandrake. It may work, may be -
not. But it has the latest software in... Including XFree 4.0.1f, which
supports (partialy) ATI Radeon and NVidia GeForce2, for example.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)