List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0: where's libmng.so.0??
From:       James Tappin <sjt () star ! sr ! bham ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-31 15:04:54

On Tuesday 31 October 2000 14:41, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2000 22:07, Henrik Clausen wrote:
> >    My only remaining issue is that KNode doesn't launch. Just shuts
> > down with no message - even when run from the shell.
>
> That happens to me as well. I sent a bug report - his suggestion is
> that I rebuild it. But I built kdenetwork and the rest of the stuff
> from scratch anyway, so I don't know.

I recall that happening some months back -- IIRC there was either a
half-dead knode process from a previous session still in the process
table or else a lock file lying around. I suggest trying:
ps ux | grep knode
(or "ps -u <user> | grep knode" for sysV systems) and killing the
process listed.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |