List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE2/Sound question
From:       paul.c.leopardi () ac ! com
Date:       2000-10-06 13:20:21

I do have the system sounds working correctly in Beta 5 on SusE Linux 7.0.
There are 2
tricks to this (at least for me)
From memory:  [I'm using Lotus Notes client on Windows 98 right now]
1. (a) Configure ALSA in /etc/modules.conf (b) Use Yast2 to get ALSA to
find your sound card (c) Now you have sound
2. In kcontrol, set up each sound under Look and Feel -> (System Events or
something like that)
The wav files for the sounds are in /opt/kde2/shared/sound (or something
like that)
There is also a step 0: I also needed to have the latest ALSA for my
distribution.
Good luck

                                                                                      \

            Ted Gervais <ve1drg@fox.nstn.ca>                                          \

            Sent by:                                   To:     KDE User List \
                <kde-user@lists.netcentral.net>
            kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.n        cc:                            \

            et                                         Subject:     Re: KDE2/Sound \
                question
                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

            07/10/00 12:34 AM                                                         \

            Please respond to kde-user                                                \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

At 01:15 PM 06/10/2000 +0200, you wrote:
> I've setup sound for events, but i can't find the place where i can set
the
> startup and logout sounds.

> Thanks in advance,

If you ever get your sound to work in KDE2 would you let me know please.
KDE2 works fine here and installed all ok. But no sound. It appears that NO
ONE has gotten the
'event' sounds to work, even though the actual sound function works fine
when you run tests etc.. So, we are not alone.  But if there is someone out
there that has gotten the 'event' sounds to work it sure would be nice to
know what has to be done..

> Paul
> --
> Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
> Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net
> Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message:

---
Ted Gervais
1-902-679-2253
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada.