List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kfm
From:       Danny Chrastina <Danny () chrastina ! net>
Date:       2000-10-02 14:38:06

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Robyn Manning wrote:

> I unistalled kde1 and installed kde2. I then decided I needed some stuff from
> kde1 and reinstalled it.
>
> When I startup kde2 I get kfm from kde1 autostarting and loading a second
> group of desktop icons.

	You probably need to separate the configuration between the two
(make sure you have different KDEHOME directories for 1 and 2, for
example, and different Desktop directories too) and possibly should see
what happens if you rename some of the directories in you kde1
installation and restart kde2. I found I had 4 copies of some of the
things on the Applink menu until I renamed kde1's applnk directory.

	...,
--
		Danny.

Unstraightness