List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: [Kde-faq] Can KDE support CHINESE ?
From:       Michael Demers <drahkan () nitemaster ! yi ! org>
Date:       2000-09-29 9:48:40

Chen Yu <yuc@buptnortel.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> I am a chinese programer, and I work under Solaris 2.6.
>
> I find a KDE 1.1.2 package for Solaris 2.6, and I install it.
>
> KDE looks very well, and I begin to love it.
>
> But I find a big problem, it is: I can't see CHINESE under KDE.
>
> KDE can find fonts with charset GB2312-80, but can't use with them.
>
> If I set country to CHINESE GB2312-80, I can't see anything.
>
> I have used KDE with TurboLinux, and it works well.
>
> Can you help me ?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Chen Yu
> Tel:62283334 Ext. 2256
> Email:yuc@buptnortel.com

Your message has been forwarded to our Users and Internationalization mailing
lists. It is my hope that someone from one of these lists will reply to you
directly with an answer to your problem.

Regards

Mike

* Michael Demers             * Nitemaster Consulting Services *
* mdemers@nitemaster.yi.org  * Designing Your Network to Suit *
* http://www.nitemaster.com  * Your Business' Needs           *
* ph: 613-839-3962           * fax: 613-839-3250              *
* KDE FAQ Maintainer         * http://www.kde.org             *