List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Too much time to start KDE (slightly OT)
From:       Brian Hartman <bhartman () eclipse ! net>
Date:       2000-09-29 4:18:38

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, David E. Fox wrote:

> I've got an old ATI mach 64 ISA
> card with 2 megs of RAM, running an older version of Accelerated X and kde
> works fine - and any other WM is running OK too -- because X works OK with
> that card even running with 1152x900x65K resolution. But that is about the
> max resolution / color depth I can get with that 2 meg of video. But hell,
> I paid $$$ for the card as well as the ram on it, so use the hell out of it
> :).
>
> > 	John

You guys are spoiled. ;)  I've got a Trident 9440 GUI graphics card (2MB) and
the most I can get out of this puppy is 256 colors at 1024x768. :)

Incidentally, does anyone know how to solve a palette problem with Gimp?
That's the one Gnome app I'd like to use (because from what I understand it's
sort of standard), but the palette is such that it's unusable on my machine.
It's just a jumble of garbage colors.  Anyone have a solution for this?  I
tried editing gimprc, to no avail.