List:       kde-user
Subject:    language setup
From:       "Butter, Frank" <Frank.Butter () otto ! de>
Date:       2000-09-28 17:15:03

hi,

has anybody here experiences in setting up kde1/kde2 for
asean languages? I installed all font packages that were
available on my suse7 distro, and the country-related
packages for kde2. Oh yes - I can choose all languages and
"something happens" - I even brought it to work with kyrillic
and arabian fonts. But this is not waht I actually need.
When I choose one of the east-asean languages, I see either
no characters at all (e.g, with "unicode") or total trash.

Hope we can solve this soon - because there are plans to convert a
running linux installation of several hundred boxes to windoze
just because of this ;-(

My questions:

1) How do I include the following languages, which fonts
   do I have to use, where doe I have to configure them...:
- korean (hangeul)
- chinese traditional
- chinese simplified

2) Are there any input methods available yet?

3) Does KOffice support asean languages?

4) How can I add support for these languages for Netscape
   for contents?

many thanks for any reply ...

cya-
frank