List:       kde-user
Subject:    System locking up and other oddities
From:       Michael Demers <drahkan () nitemaster ! yi ! org>
Date:       2000-08-31 1:39:39

System: Celeron 366
Motherboard: Abit LX-6
Memory: 160 MB
Video: 3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 w 16MB
Distro: Redhat 6.2
X Ver: XFree 3.3.6-20

I have recently uninstalled the KDE Beta RPM's that I downloaded from Bero's
site for my system. What I was experiencing was when my system was left
unattended it would lock up with a lot of video distortion. This was a solid

My only option was to uninstall because I did not want to risk the data on the
drive.

These symptoms were not occuring in KDE 1.1.2 so I have gone to back to that
temporarily. Any ideas?

A couple of other inconveniences that have occured are that event sounds are
not working in KDE2, and there are duplicate icons on the desktop. It is
almost as if KDE1 and KDE2 are each putting their own set of icons up there.

Mike

* Michael Demers                       *  mdemers@nitemaster.yi.org  *
* NiteMaster Consulting Services       *   http://www.nitemaster.com *
* ph: 613-839-3962                     *           fax: 613-839-3250 *