List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: where is PATH set?
From:       "Peter Pilgrim" <peter.pilgrim () db ! com>
Date:       2000-08-30 18:10:02

I found a problem with `/opt/kde2/bin/startkde'
which edited as root user. It was assuming that I defaulting KDE1 /opt/kde and \
setting KDEDIR explicity so I comment out that section of the code

if [ -d  /opt/kde ]; then
fi

became

if [ -d  /XXXX/opt/kde ]; then
fi

KDE2 beta4 appeared on my screen

For SuSE 6.4 Linux where I KDE1 is the default

I added a `kde2' item  to session manager list in `/opt/kde/share/config/kdmrc'. So \
the next KDM appear there is `kde2' item.

I also follow the advice/example from the website about setting `KDE1_DIR' and \
`KDE2_DIR' environment variables and put it all in the file `/etc/profile.local'

KDE 2 Beta 4 is looking great.

1) Session Management still crashes on my system SIGSEGV.
2) KPPP is a bit flaky.
3) Konqueror is really great.
4) Need some tools / script to transfer configuration KDE1 to KDE2
5) Netscape bookmark caused a big crash.

QT Designer is awsome man!

FANTASTIC
--

Peter Pilgrim