List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: cvs
From:       Andy Longton <kdeuser () metamark ! com>
Date:       2000-08-30 17:50:59

rjp@sedric.demon.co.uk wrote:

> I'm a bit puzzled about cvs

You're not alone.  I've tried quite a bit myself, and can't get
a clean compile -- including a complete wipe-out and re-install.

I'd post details, but untill you mentioned something, I just
chalked my problems up to being a complete moron!

Last week, I gave up on KDE 2 -- I just can't figure it out, or
even how to use the cvsbuild script.  (Yep, even tried the latest
release on the author's home page -- not just the one linked to
on KDE.ORG.)

I'm having problems with recient attempts to compile gimp from
CVS sources as well, so I don't know if it's me or not.  Mozilla
and some other projects are fine, though, so it does not look
like my configuration is entirely invalid.  The only thing I can
think of is that we're not picking up the right branch or all the
right parts of the current branch.

Anyone want to give me a clue?  (Please don't just tell me "It
works here" -- I figure it does work for you.)