List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Compiling Qt-2.1.1 / snapshots
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-07-31 0:48:16

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:

| I was able to pull down latest stuff via rsync. Still, it seems
| that the snapshots aren't the same thing that the kde2 people
| are using. For me, the latest rsync'ed code doesn't compile.
| Currently, I'm pulling down some of kde (including qt-copy, which
| seems to be what is needed) from the cvsup server (cvsup.kde.org).

um, yes. qt-copy, which is qt-2.2.0-beta. needs to be built (best
idea is to do it in place), then kde-qt-addon, kdesupport, kdelibs,
kdebase, and the rest in whatever order you choose. the cvs stuff
needs first to have male -f Makefile.cvs done for each package,
qt-copy included. qt requires these configure options: -sm -gif
-system-libpng -system-jpeg.

for the rest of the packages, which also require make -f Makefile.cvs
i have this configure line:

CXXFLAGS=' -mpentium' ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --disable-debug

with /opt/kde being a symlink to an empty directory, /opt/kde2.

--
dep