List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KFM question
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2000-07-13 17:11:23

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> Here's a silly question -- I've been looking at trying out Helix
> gnome (a friend suggested it) and one of my complaints has been that
> they don't allow single-click to launch the way KDE does. Well
> someone said their new file manager would allow that, and my response
> has been that a file manager doesn't help much for trying to launch
> stuff from the desktop using a single click. Well the response was
> that the Gnome file manager will *be* the desktop (for all practical
> purposes) and that KDE already works that way. My question is this --
> is that true? I though KDM was responsible for placing icons on the
> desktop, etc.

KFM places icons in the desktop and such.

On KDE2, that's not the case anymore. So, we are going the other way.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director t=E9cnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul