List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: prettiness, I want it
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2000-07-06 16:52:24

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, jos eph wrote:

> The resolution is the problem.  One picture or website that looks tight in
> Mac looks all grainy and bad in Linux.  This is a big problem for me b/c I
> design web pages.  How can I adjust my settings?

It depends. Try XF86Setup, then Xconfigurator, then xf86config, see what
works.

>            joseph
>

> >From: akirchhofer@t-online.de (Andreas Kirchhofer)
> >To: KDE User List <kde-user@lists.netcentral.net>
> >Subject: Re: prettiness, I want it
> >Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:09:45 +0200
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >what's so ugly? Do you use KDE? Have you tried some of the Themes? If
> >you're
> >searching for a Apple like environment or for wet look, you can find it
> >there...
> >
> >But don't really get your point...
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Andreas
> >

> >Am Fre, 07 Jul 2000 schrieb jos eph:
> > > Dear kde folks,
> > > I am using LinuxPPC 2000 on my iMac.  This is probably an XWindows
> >question
> > > rather than KDE but here goes.  Macs are pretty.  That's one thing they
> >are
> > > good at.  Really tight graphics.  And then I go to Linux and there are
> >some
> > > really terrible graphics.  It's so ugly.  How can I fix this?  I want to
> >use
> > > Linux but I like pretty things.  Sounds pathetic huh?  But that's how I
> > > feel.
> > > Thanks,
> > >           joseph

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul