List:       kde-user
Subject:    Fwd: RE: PCXware/VNC
From:       Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands () minmail ! net>
Date:       2000-06-30 4:12:22

Subject: RE: PCXware/VNC
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:07:17 +0200
From: Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Glover George wrote:
> Have you tried X-Win32?  I run kdm, and it has no problem finding it.  It's
> a sweet package, and we use it here a lot.
>

> Anyone has written a script for the setting of VNC server adapted to KDE?
>
> Thanks
God that was lazy : I should have said

exec startkde

in my xstartup  works even better

which looks like :-

# initialize the configuration first.

kcontrol -init

# Start the common desktop tools in the background.
# The sleeps reduce disk usage during startup.
# kaudioserver will put itself in the background automagically

sleep 1 ; kaudioserver
(sleep 1 && exec kwmsound) &

# Add -ncols 96 after kfm if using a 8-bit display
(sleep 1 && exec kfm) &

(sleep 1 && exec krootwm) &
(sleep 1 && exec kpanel) &
(sleep 3 && exec kbgndwm) &

# finally, give the session control to the window manager

sleep 2 ; exec kwm

Mark Rowlands  +4686224510  GMT + 1

These opinions are mine, they are just opinions
you are free to disagree, please do so quietly