List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KBiff question
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2000-06-27 16:49:24

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, TODD WITTER wrote:
> Hi List!
> I'm using Storm Linux 2000 and it's working great.  I've added my
> wife as a regular user was wondering if there's any way she can
> access her free yahoo e-mail using kbiff/kmail.
> If so, what type of account is that?  POP3, IMAP4...?
Yep -- POP3.
> Thanks in advance.
> Also, do she need special permission to use kbiff?

No, but she DOES need to set up Yahoo to permit POP access. She needs
to go to her Yahoo account setup and enable the POP access, or else
it won't work. The server names are pop.mail.yahoo.com and
smtp.mail.yahoo.com. These are "generic" server names that are
remapped to specific servers depending on load.
As for KBiff, I'm using it here with one of my yahoo accounts,
however, it's freaking out for some reason....there's just a blank
space where it should be on my taskbar here in RedHat 6.2. The other
two instances of KBiff are working fine.
 	John