List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Multiple KDE Sessions - Revisited
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2000-04-30 17:12:38

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
> Tony....nope, I've never touched an rc file except to add
> masquerading commands to my rc.local.  It works as I described
> on Mandrake, RedHat, Storm 2000 (debian), and Peanut.  Once the
> second desktop is open you can toggle back and forth between the
> two of them with ctl-alt f7 & ctl-alt f8, changing instantly
> from <user> to root.

Yes, but PLEASE note that you're making yourself MUCH more
vulnerable to hacking if you go around doing anything
except maintenance and configuration stuff as root. Surfing
the web as "root" is a BIG no-no, because "root" is the
only user allowed to change a lot of config files, and
someone could send you a "hostile" java applet while you're
surfing as "root" and it could cause you to unintentionally
open your system wide-open for hackers!
PLEASE don't make the mistake of doing non-essential stuff
as root!!!!
	John