List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: using kfm to set up new application
From:       Mike Green <linux () saesolved ! com>
Date:       2000-04-13 3:31:54

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Alan Swartz wrote:
> Norman de Groot wrote:
>
> > I would appreciate your help in making a kde icon to click to run netscape 6.
>
> Okay, I downloaded Netscape 6. Here is what you need to do. Edit the
> script so that the first line executed reads...
>
> cd /usr/local/package
>
> The script must be run from that directory to work.
>
> Once you do that clicking the icon should work ;-)
>
> Alan

Fantastic!

I had struggled with this same issue on and off over a couple of days -- then
started following this exchange on the list.

I've now done what you said and it works.

Plus I've learned a few things about Linux along the way (the sort of things
that one says "Duh! I should've figured that out..." -- but sometimes coming
from a world where one has done things quite differently one doesn't figure it
out).

Thanks very much!  And I've just proved (again) the value of list lurking :-)

Cheers!

Mike

--
Mike Green