List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: krn-0.6.11 install - followup
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-04-01 15:51:43

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Felix Karpfen wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> > Can you tell me what distro you are running and copy the output of the failure
> > in email to me.  We should be able to figure out your little prob.
> >
> > On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
> > > As the Subject title indicates, my install again ground to a halt
> > > during the `configure' attempt.
>
> I have managed to solve the problem of the third failure from comments
> in Mr Alsina's reply.  It was due to the advice that came with my KDE
> update CD-ROM.  The suppliers of the CD-ROM did not consider any need
> for the installation of the KDE development libraries (although they
> did have the decency to include them on the disk)
>
> When these were installed, the missing file was (again) present and the
> krn install ground to a halt at exactly the same spot as during
> my second failure - a missing jpeglib6.
>
> However, this time the outlook is less bleak.
>
> There is a file now that looks promising.  It is called jpeglib.ph and
> is located in /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/.
>
> Should it be copied to /usr/lib? And shouldit be renamed?
>
> I hope that I am not being a bore as well as a lost Newbie.

Step away from that file! Slowly! ;-)

That's a file to let perl programs open JPEG files, really, and won't help
you.

Again, could you post the last 30 lines of your config.log file? The
actual error is there.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul