List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Tape backup
From:       Charles Hixson <charleshixsn () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-31 16:44:26

It's a pity that when the CD starts up it doesn't give your the option
"Rescue, Install, or ?" (I haven't figured out what the third option ought
to be, as upgrade is usually a sub-menu under install), but I haven't come
across a distribution yet that does it that way, even though, as you say,
most of them do include a rescue disk on the CD.

Note:  I don't think that Tom's Robot works with the newer versions of the
file system (well, it didn't when I checked several months ago, but things
DO change... it could even split itself onto two disks and load the first
one into ram before asking for the second one now, sort of a RAM vs. CD
trade off, which might be useful).