List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Where do I put xset commands?
From:       "Jean-Raymond.Chauviere" <Jean-Raymond.Chauviere () cetelem ! fr>
Date:       2000-03-28 11:25:30

> > I start KDE 1.2 from a login panel (under Mandrake 7).  Where do I pu=
> > thexset commands (such as  xset  dpms 600 900 1200)?
> =

> Probably in .xinitrc. I have some xset statements in there.

it depends how you start X
1) from the command line after login with a script like startx
--> $HOME/.xinitrc
2) with xdm (or something like), your X server is started when you login
--> $HOME/.xsession

but an administrator can change everything. These are only
the usual files.
JRC

-- =

Nur der kleine Geist h=E4lt Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le g=E9nie maitr=EEse le chaos.
(anonyme)