List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE Application Consistancy (Was Re: KDIA ?)
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-02-29 11:36:27

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Jan Knutar wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Jan Knutar wrote:
> >

> > Well, it depends. Version 0.6.0 was very slow at, for example, threading
> > the articles, so it could look like fetching the headers takes longer.
>
> I don't have a special group window open when I fetch the news. Only
> the windows with the group listings...
>
> > Also, for all versions of KRN, it is a bit slower than I'd like when it
> > displays the article after it has been fetched.
>
> I read all news offline, so that doesn't matter to me.
>

> > No binaries, sorry. If you are willing to give the old compile another
> > try, you can get the sources from http://krn.sourceforge.net
>
> Alright... I'll try... Sofar I haven't managed to get a single KDE App
> to compile... I can't get past ./configure...
>
> > 0.6.0 has known memory leaks. Later versions are much better.
> > However, if you ever try them, you will see that they use a huge amount of
> > RAM: DON'T PANIC :-)
>
> As long as they don't try to use more than 16 meg at once and my
> swapfile (128M) isn't filled....

Well, on Solaris for Sparc, RSS is usually around 5MB, and that should be
larger than on Linux/intel.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul