List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDev. Install
From:       Tony Alfrey <tonyalfrey () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-02-29 4:50:24

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, dep wrote:

> which version of kdevelop are you using? might be that there are some
> changes such that *nobody* can print from it (this is just speculation).
>
> as to the make issue, i've *never* had to upgrade make, beyond the
> occasional upgrading of distributions. if you have a fairly modern --
> glibc-2.1 -- distribution, you probably have an adequate make.
>
> --
Kdevelop 1.0 Beta1.
Well, I got some nerve and compiled GNU make.  It is not gmake (Kdevelop still
says I don't have it) but nothing blew up.
Then I had a couple of margueritas and got more nerve and installed and
compiled the whole Kdevelop 1.1 final.
That worked, but still no printer icon.
Other remarks for your KDE newbies:
1.  The compile was real easy but that doesn't mean I know squat.  Stuff flew
past the terminal window for about 15 minutes.  It probably was better that I
set up v1.0 beta1 first, because it asked for kdlibs earlier that I had all in
place for v1.1
2..There is a cool tutorial/beginners guide to make a simple app for v1.1 that
just appeared, showing how to make a GUI "hello world".

So thanks again for your help!!

 --
Tony Alfrey
tonyalfrey@earthlink.net