On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, COLLIOT Olivier wrote: > Hello! > > I am a new kde user, excuse me if my questions have already been answered. > > 1) I'm using WinLinux 2000 and KDE and i have problems > with my french keyboard. > I have configured it with International Keyboard setting "FR" and "pc > keyboard with windows keys". I have tried to put almost anything in the > alternate key ("Right Alt, Right Control") but it never works. > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I believe the config of your X server has disabled dead-keys. I strongly recommend you to use a true Linux distro, with tradition and experience. Most of them allow you to properly setup keyboard even starting with installation. Anyways, look in your X server config (normally found in /etc/X11/XF86Config) and search for a line that looks like: XkbVariant "nodeadkeys" It there is one, comment it out (put a '#' in front of it) and save the file. Hope this helps Cristian Cristian Tibirna : ctibirna@total.net : www.total.net/~ctibirna PhD Student : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna KDE contact - Canada : tibirna@kde.org : www.kde.org -- Send posts to: kde-user@lists.netcentral.net Send all commands to: kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message: "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "set digest on", or "set digest off" All kde mailing lists are archived at http://lists.kde.org ********************************************************************** This list is from your pals at NetCentral