List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE2 Prealpha snaps - Keep getting "no mime types installed"
From:       <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2000-02-16 1:48:30

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, James Oakley wrote:

> I fixed this by uncommenting the 'kded' line in /opt/kde2/bin/startkde.
> I went in and played around a bit. Now it appears that the line is
> commented out again, yet it still works. Strange.

Alpha's are strange that way.... seriously you fixed the problem when you
un-commented the kded line. The mime/types are now created. You don't have
to do that again unless you start over with a new installation and delete
all .kde and Desktop directories.

Believe me on this! Just don't ask me to explain it.