List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Paste from knote
From:       Mike Green <linux () saesolved ! com>
Date:       2000-02-15 23:01:53

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, dep wrote:

> bear in mind, too, that merely highlighting a thing puts it into the
> copy buffer; no need for edit > copy.

"Bear" is a good word there :-)  That has bitten me so many times that I feel
mauled.  Is there any way to get rid of that behavior?  There must be, since it
doesn't happen in nedit, e.g. (but I have no consistent success copying and
pasting between nedit and other things).

[The reason I would like to not have merely highlighting a thing cause it to be
put into the copy buffer is that my normal (and habitual, instinctive, after
many years of doing it this way) practice is to highlight one text, press
ctrl-c (or alt-c), then go to the text that I want to replace with that text,
highlight it, and press ctrl-v (or alt-v), to paste the good text in where the
bad text was. ]

Cheers!

Mike Green
SaeSolved::